General Motors Corp.’s Hummer brand is increasing the warranty coverage on all of its ’06 models to four years or 50,000 miles (80,467 km), up from GM’s standard 3-year/36,000-mile (57,936-km) plan. The increased coverage is part a strategy to move the brand closer to the premium segment in the eyes of consumers. A 4-year/50,000-mile warranty is more consistent with that of many of the industry’s top premium brands, including Cadillac, GM says. “This move is part of our overall plan that ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Hummer Moving Upscale, Better Warranty" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.