Construction on the AM General assembly plant in Mishawaka, IN, that will be home to General Motors Corp.'s Hummer H2 sport/utility vehicle is on schedule, with the building's shell set to be completed in March, an AM General spokesman tells Ward's. “It's right on target. The equipment started going into the paint shop Jan. 15, which is the date laid out by planners in 1999,” says the spokesman. The project is about one-third complete. Framing is underway for the general assembly area ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Hummer Plant, Program on Schedule" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.