Innovative incentives, namely reduced or free accessory packages, will continue to be used by General Motors Corp.’s Hummer brand in an effort to stimulate lagging sales of its H2 fullsize SUV. Following a red-hot debut in 2002, H2 SUV sales nose-dived last year – declining 26.0% to 25,558 units vs. 2003’s 34,529. In August, Hummer added the H2 SUT (Sport/Utility Truck), which features an open cargo bed, and the model has boosted sales. Hummer H2 SUT H2 SUT deliveries totaled 3,340 ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Hummer Tempts Public With Frills" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.