Car production in Hungary fell 10.9% in 2003 to 123,112 vehicles, a result of a sharp decline at Audi Hungaria Motor Kft. Magyar Suzuki Rt. bucked the trend, producing 89,215 cars last year, a 5.4% increase from 2002. Suzuki Wagon R+ accounted for 39,418 units, and Magyar Suzuki produced 32,164 units of the new Ignis model launched in April 2003. The auto maker also built 12,593 Swifts, an aging model that was phased out last spring. TT production fell 7% last year. In addition to ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Hungarian Car Production Down in 2003" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.