Suzuki Motor Corp. is slapped with a $3.86 million fine from the town of Esztergom, Hungary, for failing to gain the proper permission to expand its production facility there, Reuters reports. Suzuki planned to boost capacity at the plant to 200,000 units by 2005, although that decision now is in flux as the auto maker battles against the fine. Suzuki is threatening to relocate the plant if it is forced to pay up.
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Hungary Fines Suzuki" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.