The lashing administered by Hurricane Katrina to the Gulf Coast has halted production at Nissan North America Inc.'s assembly plant in Canton, MS. The auto maker stopped production during the Monday day shift in advance of Hurricane Katrina, which roared ashore just east of New Orleans early Monday morning. Employees were advised to return to their homes beginning at 11:30 a.m. Central Standard Time. There are about 4,000 Nissan employees and 1,800 contract and supplier employees at ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Hurricane Shutters Nissan Canton Plant" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.