In the Watergate conspiracy it eventually came down to how much President Nixon knew and when. In the budding controversy surrounding hybrid-vehicle development, it’s about whether Ford is borrowing technology from Toyota and why. It all started last month, when Toyota announced it would license to Ford 20 of 350 patents covering the hybrid control system used in its Prius sedan. Although this isn’t seen as a big moneymaker for Toyota, the Japanese auto maker has been seeking ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Hybrid Controversy: Is Ford Relying on Toyota? Does It Matter?" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.