DETROIT – Chrysler Group begins pilot production this month of the Durango Hybrid, its first gasoline-electric vehicle, Frank Klegon, executive vice president-product development, says. Klegon also confirms the powertrain’s electric motors will be mated to Chrysler’s trademark 5.7L Hemi V-8. Factoring in the Hemi’s Multi-Displacement System that shuts down cylinders when not needed, the hybrid powertrain will offer a fuel economy improvement of up to 30%. This portends combined ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Hybrid Durango Switched On" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.