Toyota Motor Corp. continues its efforts to manage hybrid fever with more than 9,000 pre-sold orders for the ’06 Lexus RX 400h gas-electric hybrid cross/utility vehicle that has been delayed until next year, and every reason to believe it will be sold out immediately. “If we’ve got 9,000 orders today, we’ll certainly be close to 20,000 by April or May (when the vehicle is expected to be on sale),” Denny Clements, Lexus group vice president and general manager, tells Ward’s. Lexus RX ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Hybrid Fever Prompts Toyota Plant Production Boost" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.