The 190-kW, natural gas-fueled demonstration unit running at the National Fuel Cell Research Center at the University of California-Irvine, has achieved 53% efficiency, believed to be a world record for any fuel cell system and emits oxides of nitrogen (NOx) at only 2% of the level of conventional natural gas-fueled turbine generators. It is believed the 53% efficiency level can be raised to 60% for small units and to 70% or higher for large systems. SOFCs do not employ expensive ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Hybrid Fuel Cell Turbine Tests Successful" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.