DETROIT – Hybrid electric vehicles don’t have to be high-mileage snoozers built solely to satisfy government mandates and cater to the environmentalist fringe movement. HEVs can be fast, agile – and fun. So says Ford Motor Co. engineer Anthony Grabowski, who ticks off ways to put more emotion into HEVs and broaden their appeal to more mainstream consumers. Fun to drive hybrids? It’s possible, Ford engineer says. "There are some common misconceptions about HEVs," he says ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Hybrids: Not Just for Environmentalists Any More?" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.