Toyota Motor Sales U.S.A. Inc., on the verge of bringing out a new-and-improved – and larger – Prius hybrid, says the gasoline/electric cars are beginning to find a broader audience. Don Esmond, senior vice president and general manager of the Toyota Div. "Initially people who bought (the) Prius were tree huggers,” says Don Esmond, senior vice president and general manager of the Toyota Div. “When gas prices went up, demand went up and when gas prices went down, demand went down. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Hybrids: Not Just for Tree Huggers Any More" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.