South Korea’s Hyundai Motor Co. Ltd. is targeting worldwide sales of 2,735,000 vehicles this year, a 9.5% increase over the 2,496,890 vehicles it sold in 2006. Export sales from Hyundai’s domestic plants are targeted to increase to 1,085,000 units, a 5.3% rise from year-ago’s 1,030,774. Many of those vehicles will wind up in the U.S. market, where the auto maker aims to sell 273,000 units, a 13.7% jump over prior-year’s 240,000. However, last year’s export sales to the U.S. were down ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Hyundai Aims for 9.5% Hike in Global Sales" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.