TOKYO — Hyundai Motor Co. Ltd. is in the process of narrowing down its choices for the location of a U.S. manufacturing plant to two to three potential locations, with a final decision to be announced in the first half of next year, says Kim Dong-Jin, Hyundai’s president and chief executive. The automaker right now has targeted seven possible locations in five states. Kim would not specify a general location, but it’s widely believed that the Korean automaker will follow the lead of ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Hyundai to announce U.S. plant in 2002" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.