Hyundai Automotive Group, which includes Hyundai Motor Co. Ltd., Kia Motors Corp. and supplier Hyundai Mobis, is in a deep cost-cutting mode, asking all suppliers to bite the bullet and lower prices substantially. In January, group Chairman Chung Mong-koo ordered a 30% reduction in general expenses. In addition, cuts in supplier costs are being negotiated on a company-by-company basis, although no cost target has been announced. However, a Hyundai insider tells Ward’s the company is ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Hyundai Automotive Group Urges Suppliers to Reduce Prices" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.