VIENNA – Serial production of the i30 hatchback is under way at Hyundai Motor Mfg. Czech s.r.o. (HMMC) in Nosovice, Czech Republic. “Today, Hyundai (Motor Co. Ltd.) officially becomes European car brand,” Kim Eok-Jo, President of HMMC, says during a small ceremony in the plant Monday. Some 18,000 cars are will be manufactured this year. Hyundai launched production at its new plant with just one shift and says it will add a second shift in late February or early March. A multipurpose ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Hyundai Begins Car Production in Czech Republic" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.