Hyundai Motor Co. Ltd. has begun production of its rear-wheel-drive luxury limousine, codenamed VI, at its No.5 plant in Ulsan, South Korea, with domestic sales slated to launch at the end of February. The VI replaces Hyundai’s Equus flagship luxury vehicle and is being produced on the same line that assembles the Genesis near-luxury sedan and Tucson cross/utility vehicle. “(The VI) will start out with the 3.8L V-6 Lambda engine and 4.6L Tau V-8 engine, with the 5.0L Tau V-8 made ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Hyundai Begins Final Assembly of New Luxury Limo" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.