Construction work is under way at Hyundai Motor Co. Ltd.’s 100,000-unit capacity vehicle assembly plant in St. Petersburg, Russia. The facility is being built in Kamenka, a northwest suburb of St. Petersburg and will be called Hyundai Motor Mfg. RUS. Hyundai will invest €330 million ($508 million) in the plant, which is 25% more than the previously announced price tag. “We will begin with small cars, probably in the 1.4L-1.6L range, but the models have not been decided yet,” Hyundai ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Hyundai Begins St. Petersburg Plant Construction" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.