Kia Motors Corp. President and CEO Chung Eui-sun met with South Korean prosecutors in Seoul April 20 and was questioned for 18 hours regarding a Hyundai Motor Group bribery probe. Published reports in Seoul say senior prosecutor Chae Dong-wook claims Chung “partially confirmed” some of the allegations of corporate misconduct. “The investigation went well, and we can summon him again, if necessary,” he is quoted as saying. At issue are alleged bribes said to have been paid to public ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Hyundai Bribery Probe Hones in on Chung Family" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.