Hyundai Motor Co. Ltd. CEO Kim Dong-jin receives a suspended 2-year jail sentence in a Seoul court. Dong-jin was found guilty of illegal campaign fundraising, reportedly having played a key role in raising a slush fund for those running in the 2002 presidential race there, according to Reuters. Other South Korean executives of family-owned companies also have been found guilty of similar actions.
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Hyundai CEO Gets Suspended Sentence" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.