Hyundai-Kia Automotive Group Chairman Chung Mong-koo is pardoned by South Korea President Lee Myung-bak, and his 3-year suspended sentence for embezzlement and breach of fiduciary trust has been expunged. Also pardoned is Kim Dong-jin, vice-chairman of Hyundai Motor Co. Ltd., who had been given a 2-year suspended sentence after being convicted on the same charges. It is the second presidential pardon for Kim, who also was given a 2-year suspended sentence in 2003 for illegally ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Hyundai Chairman Chung Pardoned for Felony; 3-Year Sentence Expunged" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.