SEOUL – Hyundai Motor Co. Ltd.’s Beijing subsidiary is cutting its work hours slightly, from a 20-hour day to a 17-hour day. The decision follows completion of a large Sonata order backlog that existed with the start of production in December. The backlog was reduced to just 1,747 units at the end of April. So far, 10,997 Sonatas have been sold from the Beijing facility.
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Hyundai China Cuts Hours After Reducing Sonata Backlog" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.