Korea’s Hyundai Automotive Group, which includes both Hyundai and Kia brands, sold 894,496 units in the U.S. last year, coming within 14,074 units of Nissan North America Inc., historically third among best-selling Asian auto makers in the U.S. It is the smallest margin ever between the car companies. Last year about 35,000 units separated the two, according to Ward’s data. Strong performances by both Hyundai and Kia brands, Hyundai group sales rose 21.7% in the U.S. last year, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Hyundai Closes In on Nissan as Asians See Weak 2010" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.