Hyundai Motor Co. Ltd. Vice Chairman Kim Dong-jin confirms the South Korean auto maker will build a second engine plant in China without the involvement of Beijing Automotive Industry Holding Co., its joint venture partner in Beijing Hyundai Motor Co. Ltd. The wholly owned factory will be located in Shandong province. (See related story: Hyundai Mulls Independent Chinese Engine Plant) Hyundai officials have denied media reports, saying only that the engine plant was in the study stage. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Hyundai Confirms Next China Plant to be Wholly Owned" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.