NEW YORK – Hyundai Motor America will introduce a hybrid model for the U.S. market before the end of the decade, “maybe way before the end of the decade,” John Krafcik, vice president-strategic and product planning, HMA, tells Ward’s in an interview here at the New York auto show. “We have active programs. I can’t tell you the platform but we’re very, very excited,” he says. “We’ve set some really stretch goals for our Hyundai hybrid powertrain launch. It’s going to be an extraordinary ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Hyundai Confirms U.S. Hybrid" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.