Hyundai Motor America, continuing to expand its lineup on the way to becoming a full-line manufacturer, is considering diesel engines for its passenger cars, an official tells Ward’s. John Krafcik, vice president-product development and strategic planning, says in an interview that such a scenario is a “possibility” but the first order of business is getting Hyundai Motor Co. Ltd.’s 3.0L V-6 S-diesel engine as an option for the Veracruz large cross/utility vehicle in the U.S. Sister ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Hyundai Diesel Strategy May Include Cars, Too" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.