Hyundai Motor Co. Ltd.’s Beijing Hyundai Auto Co. Ltd. 50/50 joint venture will build a second plant to increase capacity to 600,000 units annually from the current 60,000. Hyundai’s JV with Beijing Automotive Industry Holdings makes the EF Sonata model, the best-selling car in South Korea. Reports say the new plant will begin construction next year and open in 2007, increasing output at the JV three years earlier than Hyundai originally planned.
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Hyundai to Establish Second China JV Plant" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.