Hyundai Motor America will not offer a V-6 engine in its next-generation Sonata midsize sedan, which goes on sale in the U.S. early next year, Ward’s learns. The new Sonata, instead, will have an upgraded version of Hyundai’s 4-cyl. Theta engine with gasoline-direct injection, making Hyundai the first auto maker in the 4-cyl. midsize-sedan segment with standard GDI. Hyundai spokesman Jim Trainor declines to confirm the information obtained by Ward’s. The 4-cyl. GDI mill in the ’11 ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Hyundai Forgoes V-6 for Next-Gen Sonata" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.