Hyundai Motor Co. Ltd. continues to make solid gains in China, despite the impact of the global economic crisis on the emerging market. Vehicle sales for the auto maker’s Beijing Hyundai Motor Co. Ltd. joint venture surged 72.3% in February to 32,008 units, compared with 18,582 year-ago. “We now hold 7.1% of the China car market, following a 17% increase in January sales, and rank fourth in the market,” a Hyundai spokesman tells Ward’s. “These gains partly reflect the Chinese ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Hyundai Going Strong in China" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.