Two Hyundai Motor Group steel-producing units announce the intended purchase of Hanbo Steel for 910 billion won ($793.2 million). The purchase of the bankrupt steel producer is designed to give Hyundai’s car-making division, Hyundai Motor Co. Ltd., better access to steel. Hanbo’s galvanized iron plate factory makes cold-rolled coil and high-end steel products for cars. High demand for steel has led to shortages and the threat of continued price hikes, analysts say. Hanbo, once the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Hyundai Groups Purchase Steel Producer" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.