MUMBAI – Hyundai Motor India Ltd. has sold more than 350,000 cars in its first 50 months in the country, 100,000 of which were sold in one year. Hyndai India is attracting new buyers with fresh products such as the Terracan SUV. "We have set our sights on achieving the half-million mark in 2003 and on making Hyundai a truly global player," says J.I. Kim, managing director. Hyundai India’s 2002 sales rose 23%, compared with other auto makers here that scraped by with a 2%-3% ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Hyundai India Sets Sites on Capturing Every Segment it Enters" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.