SEOUL – Hyundai Motor Co. Ltd. unveils its new 2.4L Theta II gasoline direct-injection engine that will power the ’11 Sonata sedan. The 4-cyl. engine will be produced at Hyundai’s Montgomery, AL, facility for the North American version of the vehicle to be launched early next year. The engine also will be manufactured in Ulsan for the Sonata to be sold domestically and in other select export markets. The 2.4L Theta II was presented to engineers and technical specialists attending this ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Hyundai Introduces 2.4L Theta II Engine for New Sonata" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.