SEOUL – Hyundai Motor Co. Ltd. plans to invest an additional $60 million in its Indian car making venture, Hyundai Motor India, to raise production capacity to 150,000 units annually from 120,000 by next March. Hyundai has invested $614 million in its Indian production facilities since the venture was established in 1998. A Hyundai spokesman says the latest investment, coupled with the release of new car models, is expected to increase Hyundai’s sales in India by 10% to 12% this year. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Hyundai Invests $60 Million in Indian Plant" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.