SAN DIEGO — As Hyundai Motor America introduces its first sport/utility vehicle (SUVs) for the U.S. market, President Finbarr O'Neill hints that a larger engine could figure in to the vehicle's future. “In a couple years it's a possibility,” Mr. O'Neill says when asked if the Santa Fe could offer anything larger than the 2.7L V-6 now available in addition to its base 2.4L DOHC 4-cyl. “Right now, 2.7L is about what that engine bay would carry,” he says. “It would require re-engineering of ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Hyundai Launches Santa Fe, Hints at Larger Engine" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.