Hyundai Motor Co. Ltd. is in negotiations to acquire a 50% stake in the AOZT UzDaewooAvto plant in Asaka, Uzbekistan, a company source tells Ward’s. The facility currently produces complete-knocked-down kits shipped from GM Daewoo Auto & Technology Co. in South Korea. The assembled vehicles include the previous-generation Daewoo Matiz minicar, Russian Lada commercial minivan and subcompact Daewoo Cielo, once marketed as the LeMans/Nexia but now produced only in CKD form. A GMDAT ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Hyundai May Acquire Stake in UzDaewooAvto" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.