Hyundai Motor Co. Ltd. has narrowed its search for a North American plant site down to Montgomery, AL, and Glendale, KY. The final site, where Hyundai most likely will build a new midsize SUV, will be selected this spring, Hyundai officials say. See related story This represents a delay from original estimates, which said Hyundai would make a final decision in the year’s first quarter. The No.1 South Korean auto maker has been studying locations for its first U.S. plant for two years ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Hyundai Narrows Search to Alabama, Kentucky" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.