MONTGOMERY, AL – Hyundai Motor Co. Ltd.’s first U.S. plant, its most advanced to date, officially opens here today. The opening of the $1.1 billion Hyundai Motor Mfg. Alabama LLC was celebrated by 4,000 people. In addition to plant employees, they included Hyundai Motor Co. Ltd. officials who flew from Korea into the small local airport on a 747, Hyundai Motor America executives from the U.S., local dignitaries, suppliers, dealers, and members of the media. Hyundai's new U.S. plant in ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Hyundai Opens First U.S. Manufacturing Plant" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.