BEIJING — Hyundai Motor Co. Ltd. dives into China's passenger car market with a joint venture with the Jiangsu Yueda Group. If the deal goes as planned, Hyundai will be China's largest car manufacturer, Hyundai officials say. A passenger car production facility with an annual capacity of 300,000 units will be developed jointly by Hyundai and subsidiary Kia Motors Corp., which already has an agreement with Jiangsu Yueda (see FOCUS ON CHINA — December, '99, p.4). The existing facility will ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Hyundai poised to become China's largest passenger car maker" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.