Hyundai Motor Co. Ltd. earned 586.6 billion won ($458 million) in first quarter 2002, more than doubling its earnings for any quarter since it established itself 36 years ago. Hyundai earned 276 billion won ($216 million) in the same period a year ago. Sales rose to a quarterly record of 6.085 trillion won ($4.8 billion) vs. 5.06 trillion won ($4 billion) in first quarter 2001. Hyundai’s unit sales were 402,766 units for the quarter, an 8.4% jump from year-ago. U.S. sales reached 98,866 ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Hyundai Posts Record First Quarter Profit" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.