Hyundai Motor Co. Ltd. reportedly is recalling 240,000 of its Elantra small cars in the U.S. due to a potentially faulty occupant-classification system. The National Highway Traffic Safety Admin. says the front passenger-side airbag may deploy in ’04 and ’05 Elantras if a child seat is installed following an adult sitting in the seat.
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Hyundai Recalling 240,000 Elantras" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.