ASAN, South Korea ‚Äď Now in its 10th year of operation, Hyundai Motor Co. Ltd.‚Äôs Asan plant still is the most-efficient, most-automated facility among the Korean auto maker‚Äôs global manufacturing base, although officials hope the new U.S. plant in Montgomery, AL, soon will catch up. ‚ÄúThe Montgomery plant is based on (Asan) and is very similar in processes and layout, but it‚Äôs still not up to the efficiency level of our Asan plant,‚ÄĚ a company spokesman tells Ward‚Äôs during a private tour of ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Hyundai‚Äôs Decade-Old Asan Plant Remains Most Efficient" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.