DETROIT – Hyundai Motor America plans to reach its target of 500,000 units by 2005 through considerable volume growth of the Sonata and Santa Fe, plus an all-new product – codenamed JM. Finbarr O'Neill The JM, a cross between an SUV and multi-activity vehicle and smaller than the Santa Fe, is due to market in 2004, Finbarr O’Neill, CEO, Hyundai Motor America, tells Ward’s. He forecasts first-year volumes of 40,000 to 50,000 vehicles. The JM won’t, however, be based on ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Hyundai Seeks New Product to Hit Half-Million Target" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.