Officials from Hyundai Motor America and the governors’ offices of Kentucky and Alabama all deny reports that the South Korean auto maker has chosen a plant site from between the two states. Recent reports out of Asia claiming that Alabama has won the contest and will serve as home to a $1 billion plant capable of producing 300,000 units are inaccurate, officials say. Hyundai Motor Co. Ltd. last month narrowed its search for the first U.S. plant down to sites located in Glendale, KY, and ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Hyundai Still Mulling Plant Site" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.