Hyundai Motor Co. Ltd. wins a contract to export 26,373 Verna subcompact sedans to Libya, the single largest order in South Korea’s automotive history. The first shipment of 5,000 units reportedly left South Korea’s Ulsan port for Libya Sept. 4. All of the vehicles are slated to be delivered by year’s end. Hyundai previously had shipped Libya 6,900 Vernas specially designed to accommodate people with certain physical handicaps.
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Hyundai Wins Libyan Export Deal" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.