Expect increasing cooperation between Hyundai Motor Co. Ltd. (HMC) and partners DaimlerChrysler AG and Kia Motors Corp. That includes less product overlap with Kia and use of DC powertrain technologies and branding, says a top Hyundai Motor America executive. One proposal being considered is the sale of Dodge-badged Hyundai vehicles in Mexico. DC tentatively agreed in June to take a 10% stake in Hyundai, which in turn has owned Kia since 1998. Hyundai, which currently doesn't have a ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Hyundai's Future May Include Mexico, DC" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.