SEOUL — Hyundai Motor Co. Ltd.'s assembly facilities are huge by any measure. They need trencherman-size slices of domestic and overseas markets to feed an enormous appetite for production — and very unforgiving utilization ratios. In an annual sales market of 1.27 million cars, Hyundai has capacity to produce 1.38 million cars per year out of its complex in Ulsan, alone. The Ulsan facilities arguably constitute the largest car assembly complex in the world. The facility is subdivided ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Hyundai's herculean output hinges on export markets" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.