NORTHVILLE, MI – Facing extreme head winds and a distressed market for contract engineering services, Germany’s IAV GmbH banks on better times to come by opening its new North American automotive technical center here, dedicated to engines of the future. The 20,000-sq.-ft. (1,858-sq.-m) facility employs 100 people and incorporates four advanced dynamometer test cells – one for hybrid-electric powertrains, one for heavy-duty engines (up to 875 hp) and two devoted to diesel, gasoline and ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"IAV Powers Up Engine Dyno Center" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.