The accompanying photo shows the vehicle damage resulting from a recent trip to an Envirotest-operated emissions test station in Illinois. WEVTU was able to locate the owner and obtain copies of the police report and various insurance papers relating to the incident. After the vehicle passed the idle test, it was left just inside the exit, in gear with the engine running. When a newly hired employee got out from behind the steering wheel, the vehicle self-propelled out of the building, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Illinois testers continue to damage vehicles" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.