MUMBAI – Expensive crude, rising inflation, increased energy costs and tight credit all are slowing India’s auto industry. Yet, auto makers are doubling production capacity from 1.7 million cars to 3.4 million and tripling their investments. Nearly a dozen companies have announced low-cost, small-car projects in India that are expected to result in more than 1 million new cars on the road over the next three years. Additionally, many global auto makers are planning to import small cars ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"India Braces for Small-Car Invasion" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.