India’s car-making joint ventures no longer are required to meet export quotas in order to offset imports of completely knocked-down and semi knocked-down kits. The Indian government’s move to eliminate trade restrictions puts it in compliance with World Trade Organization mandates.
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"India Drops Export Obligations" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.